Saturday, January 18, 2014

Harvey Weinstein is PRO-gun he just hasn't realized it yet







Harvey Weinstein is PRO-gun he just hasn't realized it yet (audio)

Harvey Weinstein : [referencing the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising] This has been a project I've searched for ever since my aunt gave me the book when I was a boy. It's an important story to tell. 
Howard Stern : …holocaust story 
Harvey Weinstein : It's not a holocaust story as much as it's jews with guns. It's my whole philosophy, or anybody, it's the idea that when injustice is that great then you can't just march into the camps. This is the story that's the opposite. 
Howard Stern : Do you own a gun? 
Harvey Weinstein : No 
Howard Stern : You don't have any guns? 
Harvey Weinstein : I don't ever wanna have a gun 
Howard Stern : Well, why, if that story resonates with you, why not own a gun? 
Harvey Weinstein : No, this is, this is when you're marching a half a million people into Auschwitz. Howard Stern : Right 
Harvey Weinstein : I mean , whatever, I'd find a gun if that was happening to my people. I don't think we need guns in this country. … 


 And he'll get a fire extinguisher after the house is nearly burnt down. I don't think he's really given gun control much thought or he'd have realized that if those in the Warsaw Ghetto could have found 50,000+ guns to arm themselves then they probably would have. He needs to ask why they couldn't.


Update
confronted with the fact that he has produced a number of violent films, Harvey responds
"They have a point. You have to look in the mirror, too. I have to choose movies that aren’t violent or as violent as they used to be. I know for me personally, you know, I can’t continue to do that. The change starts here. It has already. For me, I can’t do it. I can’t make one movie and say this is what I want for my kids and then just go out and be a hypocrite."
Will his new Warsaw Ghetto Uprising movie eschew violence and have jews try to overcome Nazi genocide through coexist bumperstickers?

No comments: