Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Facebook Queen

part of The Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II by Feliks Topolski

Above is part of The Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II by Feliks Topolski. c. 1960. I have yet to find someone who likes his work as much as I do. The Duke of Edinburgh commissioned it so he might.


I hear that the Queen of England is on Facebook. I assume she gets on facebook, looks up people from school and messages them asking :

"Remember me from algebra class? I was the girl who wore a crown everyday..."

or

"I was the girl who hit you with a scepter when you were flirting with the boy I had a crush on. I think it was a ruby that came off and had fastened itself to your forehead."

(I can't find the magazine to scan the image I wanted so this one will have to do.)

No comments: